Heart rate training is the foundation of the Spinning® program and instituted at RIDE™ in our classes in order to facilitate smarter workouts and elicit more productive results for our customers. Heart rate monitors often come pre-programmed with a “one-size-fits-all” formula built in that can be useful when beginning an exercise program, however it is necessary to examine one’s individual fitness parameters in order to truly yield efficient heart rate zones based on specific goals. There are other heart rate formulas (check out our handout on the Karvonen formula) that can provide you with more accurate information, but there is absolutely no substitute for getting individually assessed through a metabolic test.
Because the one-size-fits-all approach to fitness often prevents individuals from obtaining optimal results, Charleston RIDE™ endorses medically-based fitness testing with FitMed Partners. We are proud to announce that our very own RIDE™ Ambassador Anne Moore offers, through FitMed, a variety of tests to help determine what your body is doing at rest and during exercise, and based on your personal testing results, they will prescribe a medically-based fitness and nutrition plan that is customized to your actual body. All exercise plans are individually developed and include the frequency, duration and intensity of the intended exercise. In addition, you will be given exercise progression guidelines to optimize your results.
Some of the services offered are:
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) test to determine the basal calories your body burns to maintain itself at rest
- Cardiometabolic Performance Test or VO2max Test on treadmill or cycle to measure key data including peak VO2, anaerobic threshold and the precise number of calories burned at all exercise heart rate zones.
- Lactate Threshold Test to determine heart rate at lactate threshold
- Consultation with Exercise Physiologist to determine an appropriate training intensity based on performance goals.
- DXA scanner to measure percent body fat and determines the location of the adiposity; critical for determining potential for health risks.
For information on scheduling an appointment, email Anne Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org. All Charleston RIDE™ customers receive a 10% discount off all testing services!